Membership in Printing Industries of America or a local affiliate includes a subscription to the association's magazine. A subscription to the magazine is a key member benefit.
Printing Industries of America: The Magazine is a 16-page plus cover, will be published ten times a year in print, and will also be available on the website with links to additional resources and information. Forecast Parts 1 and 2 will be published as virtual editions and will also include links to more information.
As always, The Magazine will focus on what is most important to our members: technologies and solutions, zeroing in on new and leading-edge technologies and how members can use those new technologies for profit and growth. In addition, The Magazine will include interviews with staff or key knowledgeable people, member profiles, resources, and additional information.
Click here to access The Magazine archives.
2017 Editorial Calendar
As of January 2017. Subject to change.
|January/February||FORECAST - Operations, Industry Trends, HR, Leadership, President's Conference preview|
|March||Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement Conference preview|
Finishing and Components, Premier Prints Awards preview
Generations, Workforce Development
Sales and marketing strategies, Diversifying and adapting
Cutting Edge, 3D, Out of the box and off the page
|August/September||FORECAST - Technology trends, Intertech Awards, Graph Expo preview|
Packaging and Label, Color Conference preview
Print On Demand, Mailing and Postage, Direct Mail
A Look Ahead
To Contribute Content
We are always interested in obtaining informative and educational articles from potential authors. Please contact us at editing [at] printing.org.
The following should be kept in mind when considering writing and submitting an article:
- Articles must be informative and educational and vendor-neutral since as a nonprofit association Printing Industries of American cannot appear to be promoting or recommending any specific product or service.
- The large segment of Printing Industries of America members are owners of print shops with fewer than 20 employees.
- Readers of The Magazine are primarily interested in technology and how to use it effectively and profitably.
- Articles must be submitted in Word (final) and not formatted. Charts, tables, or illustrations are welcome with articles but must be high resolution (300 dpi or greater) and must be submitted separately. Recommended length for the monthly issues is 400 to 900 words, or fewer if graphics are included.
- Articles are accepted and published at the discretion of the Publications staff, will be peer reviewed, and may be edited for length, grammar, or content.
- Read these Tips for Writing a Readable, Interesting Article.
Subscribe to The Magazine
A copy of The Magazine is sent to all Printing Industries of America member companies as a key member benefit. This includes printers, vendor/supplier companies, professional members, and educator members, along with PGSF scholarship students.
Non-members and libraries can purchase subscriptions for $200 per year in U.S. locations and $300 per year outside the U.S.
Single copies of non-Forecast issues can be purchased for $15 each. Additional copies of the Forecast are $99 for members and $199 for non-members. Copies can be ordered from the Bookstore.
Suppliers and vendors interested in receiving a Media Kit should contact Ed Kelly, placement representative, at ekelly [at] printing.org or by phone at 877-655-0789. The Media Kit provides details about the magazine, editorial calendar, space rates, and ad specifications.
Magazine Article Reprints
Want to order a reprint of an article or reprint in your own publication? We can provide articles from The Magazine, GATFWorld, and Management Portfolio to be reprinted elsewhere. To obtain permission for an article, contact us at editing [at] printing.org.