Membership in Printing Industries of America or a local affiliate includes a subscription to the association's magazine. A subscription to the magazine is a key member benefit.
Printing Industries of America: The Magazine will be published nine times a year in print and will be available on the website with links to additional resources and information. The Winter Forecast issue and Summer Forecast issue will be published as virtual editions with links to more information.
As always, The Magazine will focus on what is most important to our members: technologies and solutions, zeroing in on new and leading-edge technologies, and how members can use those new technologies for profit and growth. In addition, The Magazine will include interviews with staff or key knowledgeable people, member profiles, resources, and additional information.
Click here to access The Magazine archives.
2019 Editorial Calendar
As of April 2019. Subject to change.
Winter FORECAST, business operations trends, equipment financing
Lean manufacturing, Continuous Improvement Conference preview
Design to print challenges, Out of the Box printing, Premier Print Awards preview
Sales management, marketing, customer service
HR, Best Workplace in the Americas, workforce development, education & training
Summer FORECAST, technology trends and advancements, InterTech supplement
Mailing and postage, print on demand, direct mail, finishing, COLOR20 preview
Looking to the future, strategic planning, incoming chairperson
To Contribute Content
We are always interested in obtaining informative and educational articles from potential authors. Please send news and articles for potential publication to magazine [at] printing.org.
The following should be kept in mind when considering writing and submitting an article:
- Articles must be informative and educational and vendor-neutral. As a nonprofit association Printing Industries of American cannot appear to be promoting or recommending any specific product or service.
- The large segment of Printing Industries of America members are owners of print shops with fewer than 20 employees.
- Readers of The Magazine are primarily interested in technology and how to use it effectively and profitably.
- Articles must be submitted in Word (final) and not formatted. Charts, tables, or illustrations are welcome with articles but must be high resolution (300 dpi or greater) and must be submitted separately. Recommended length for the monthly issues is 400 to 900 words, or fewer if graphics are included.
- Articles are accepted and published at the discretion of staff, will be peer reviewed, and may be edited for length, grammar, or content.
- Read these Tips for Writing a Readable, Interesting Article.
Subscribe to The Magazine
A copy of The Magazine is sent to the key contact at all Printing Industries of America member companies as a core member benefit. This includes printers, vendor/supplier companies, professional members, educator members, and PGSF scholarship students.
Suppliers and vendors interested in receiving a Media Kit should contact Ed Kelly, placement representative, by clicking this link or by phone at 877-655-0789. The Media Kit provides details about the magazine, editorial calendar, space rates, and ad specifications.
Magazine Article Reprints
Want to order a reprint of an article or reprint in your own publication? We can provide articles from The Magazine, GATFWorld, and Management Portfolio to be reprinted elsewhere. To obtain permission for an article, contact us at magazine [at] printing.org.