Communicating the technical details of environmental, health, and safety (EHS) requirements is a critical step in achieving employee understanding and meeting compliance requirements. It is becoming more important than ever to seek and implement cost-effective programs that clearly add value to the organization, and this is where our EHS Affairs team can help. EHS training serves two roles: the first being a cost-effective way to standardize operations and to provide for maximized efficiency across all functional areas, the second to meet mandatory training requirements. Companies that combine the two are able to leverage their resources to reduce waste, increase efficiency, and improve employee morale all while meeting their regulatory requirements.
The staff has extensive practical experience with the applicable regulatory requirements and a strong background in the application of the requirements to the printing industry. This strong combination allows the tailoring of training that can meet your needs and serve as a strong foundation for other programs. The custom EHS training programs can be structured to accommodate different types of printing operations, program formats, diverse audiences, and the varied regulatory frameworks. EHS staff can work with you by providing either direct employee training, training the trainer, or meeting with those who would be responsible for conducting the training at your facility.
Example Training Topics
- DOT's Hazardous Materials Handling and Transportation
- EPA's Hazardous Waste Identification and Management
- Safety and OSHA Compliance Training For Supervisors
- Ergonomics Evaluation and Work Station Improvement
- OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard for Chemical Safety
- OSHA's Personal Protective Equipment Standard For Injury Prevention
- OSHA's Lockout/Tagout and Machine Guarding For Safe Equipment Operation
- OSHA's Powered Industrial Trucks, Including Forklifts, Roll Trucks, and Pallet Jacks
- OSHA's Emergency Evacuation Plans
ehs [at] printing.org (subject: EHS%20Training%20Services) (Contact the EHS team today to start your training services.)