Honoring an outstanding academic educatior and/or industry trainer in the graphic communications field.
Nominations are judged by a selection committee comprised of educators and individuals from the graphic communications industry. More consideration will be given to candidates who have made significant contributions to education and training that go beyond routine professional responsibilities.
The selection committee may recommend a Certificate of Recognition in lieu of an Award of Excellence. Selection committee decisions are final. Omissions of any necessary information will disqualify the submission.
Nominations must be received by October 31, 2017.
Why Nominate Someone?
Recognize those preserving the future of our industry. Education Award recipients join 30 years of notable printing educators and trainers, such as Larry Kroll, Thomas Schildgen, John Leininger, and Susan Kinney. An engraved plaque is presented to the recipient(s) to commemorate their accomplishments.
This year's presentation of the Education Awards of Excellence will take place in front of an impressive audience of academic educators, researchers, and other industry professionals at the TAGA Annual Technical Confernce, March 20-22, 2017 in Houston, TX, USA.
- Educators from all academic levels and trainers in all segments of the printing industry are eligible.
- The competition is not limited to the United States; educators of any nationality may enter.
- Nominees do not have to be Printing Industries of America members.
- Self-nominations are accepted. Previous winners are not eligible for a second award.
Nominations should be based on the following criteria:
- A distinguished educational service provided as a direct result of the individual's leadership
- A special education or training program that is attributed to the efforts of the individual
- A significant educational project that was the result of the individual's efforts
- A special display of graphic communications leadership at the local, state, or national level
- A special educational or training accomplishment attributed to the individual
- The candidate may be involved in one or more of the above, or there may be a unique situation or contribution that is not covered that warrants recognition.
How to Nominate Someone
- Using the selection criteria as a guideline, provide a detailed description of the candidate's major contributions and/or significant accomplishments. Descriptions should be no longer than three pages.
- Complete the nomination form.
- You may include letters of support, a formal biographical description, or a resume for the candidate, but these items are not required.
- Submit all required and supplemental material to:
Printing Industries of America
301 Brush Creek Road
Warrendale, PA 15086-7529
Email: kcray [at] printing.org
For more information, contact Kayleigh Cray at kcray [at] printing.org.
|Academic Representative||Year||Industry Representative|
|Penny Ann Dolan||2016||William Dirzulaitis|
|Michael DeAcosta||2015||No Award Given|
|Dan Wilson||2014||Kip Jarret|
|Julie Schildgen||2013||Mark Wendling|
|Art Lindauer||2012||Ray Rafalowski|
|Patrick Klarecki||2011||Prof. Dr. Rajendrakumar Anayath|
|Dennis Dougherty||2010||Katherine Gekker|
|Cheryl Licklider||2009||Charlie Benjamin|
|William Delgado||2008||Mark Barbour|
|John P. Santos||2007||Ron and Katherine Harper|
|R. Paul Foster||2006||Ara Izqueirdo|
|Dr. Benjamin L. Lee||2005||Larry Kroll|
|No Award Given||2004||No Award Given|
|No Award Given||2003||Daniel Johnson|
|No Award Given||2002||No Award Given|
|Gary Walton||2001||Jim Hopkins|
|Dr. Lenore Collins||2000||Carol Hurlburt|
|Dr. E. Lee Weir||1999||Ronald W. Hawks|
|Dr. Ervin A. Dennis||1998||Gary Benson|
|Thomas Schildgen||1997||Saul Edlein|
|Frank J. Romano||1996||Harold W. Gegenheimer|
|John Leininger||1995||Paul Dennis|
|Page Crouch||1994||Raymond J. Prince|
|Gary G. Field||1993||James E. Milslagle|
|Z.A. Prust||1992||Susan Kinney|
|Robert Chung||1991||Norman Fisher|
|Mark Sanders||1990||R. Cameron Hitchcock|
|Louis C. Generazzo||1989||Edward J. Kelly|
|J. Michael Adams||1988||Frank Lasiewski|
|Michael Stinnett||1987||Marvin Lester|
|Harvey R. Levenson||1986||Larry Hunt|
|Ronald Hindmarch||1985||Joseph J. Skatch|
|R. Dean Blomgren||1984||Margurete Fitzsimons|